Why another cooking blog?

I decided to create this blog as a way for family and friends to see what I'm cooking and to share interesting food related tidbits I come across.
I'm frequently asked for recipes so I thought this would be a good place to start collecting the old, new, and funky recipes that I have.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Green Smoothie?

I must be serious about losing weight and improving my diet overall (not to mention the stair-stepping I did this afternoon). I am about to embark on a journey.... A journey to eating drinking tofu. I have never to my knowledge eaten or drank tofu in my life. But I saw this recipe on pinterest and was intrigued.
I went to the store right after work and bought the ingredients before I could talk myself out of it. Because I know myself and if I buy the food I am likely to use it. I hate throwing away food/money.
I feel quite proud of myself for even having tofu in my house. Look at me, expanding my horizons.
Jeff on the other hand found where I had hidden the package of silken tofu and immediately said, "why is there tofu in the fridge?" My original plan was to make this smoothie and see if he liked it, then tell him it had tofu in it. I figure if I like this smoothie then I might go in search of an actual meal that has tofu in it.

Anywho, here is the recipe.
http://keepyourdietreal.com/food/drinks/a-green-smoothie-and-an-update/

1 C fresh baby spinach, rinsed
1/2 of a whole avocado, peeled and sliced
1 package silken tofu
1 honeycrisp apple, rinsed, cored and sliced
8 oz orange juice
honey or agave nector
ice

Blend all ingredients in a blender or smoothie maker until completely smooth (about 5 minutes). Makes about 4 servings at 8 oz each.

My notes:
I haven't made this yet, I think I might for breakfast tomorrow. A co-worker suggested adding wheat-grass to the mix. But I say let's try one new thing at a time. Tofu is pushing it for me. No really. It is. I try new things but tofu is just one of those things. It could have something to do with the word... tofu. It just sounds silly.
If anyone tries this before me, please let me know how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment