Why another cooking blog?

I decided to create this blog as a way for family and friends to see what I'm cooking and to share interesting food related tidbits I come across.
I'm frequently asked for recipes so I thought this would be a good place to start collecting the old, new, and funky recipes that I have.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Baked Pasta

I created this out of sheer necessity this evening. I needed dinner and I needed it quick. So I scoured the pantry and fridge to see what I could find. I found ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, diced chicken, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and 2 boxes of pasta 1/2 empty.

1 can italian style diced tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups diced, cooked chicken
1 can mushrooms stems and caps
1/2 tub of ricotta
3 cloves garlic mooshed, diced or w/e
1 C parmesan
1 C mozarella
3 C pasta
pepper
salt

Preheat oven to 350. Boil the pasta according to directions on the box. Put the diced tomatoes in the blender and puree until smooth. I chopped up the mushrooms a little more just for ease of eating for the kid. Put chicken, tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms, ricotta, cooked pasta, 1/2 the parm and mozzarella in a bowl, salt, pepper, and stir to combine. Spray a 9X13 casserole with cooking spray and pour pasta mixture into the casserole. Top with remaining cheese and bake until bubbly and melted cheese.

My notes:
You can use any tubular pasta you have: penne, macaroni, etc. I think that using Italian sausage in place of chicken would be good. Jeff said this didn't taste as Italian-y as he thought it would but that is was pretty tasty and smelled really good out of the oven. We liked this it was quick, easy, and best of all kid approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment