Why another cooking blog?

I decided to create this blog as a way for family and friends to see what I'm cooking and to share interesting food related tidbits I come across.
I'm frequently asked for recipes so I thought this would be a good place to start collecting the old, new, and funky recipes that I have.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sriracha


Yum

I love Sriracha sauce and I desperately want this book.
 

Of course no one else in my house eats the stuff so this is a purely selfish desire. One of my favorite recipes to put this stuff on is our chicken fried rice. Jeff is generally the cook when it comes to making this dish.

Our Chicken Fried Rice

4 C cooked white rice
1T oil
2 chicken breasts marinated in soy sauce, diced in bite size pieces
1 C carrots, sliced
1 C onion diced
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
2/3 C frozen peas
1 clove garlic, minced
1 stick butter
3 eggs, beaten

In a large non-stick skillet (and I mean LARGE) or a wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and allow to cook while stirring for a few minutes. Add carrots, onions, and mushrooms stirring frequently until veggies are tender.
In a small skillet scramble the 3 eggs, chop them up and set aside with the garlic.
Stir in the rice, butter, peas, and eggs. Stir until butter is melted and then serve - with plenty of sriracha of course!

My notes:
I personally do not think an entire stick of butter is necessary but since Jeff is cooking he makes the decision. We usually do not use the entire 4C of rice. We just add until it looks like enough. I think you could put just about any vegetable in this but we generally stick with the carrots, onions, peas, and mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment