Why another cooking blog?

I decided to create this blog as a way for family and friends to see what I'm cooking and to share interesting food related tidbits I come across.
I'm frequently asked for recipes so I thought this would be a good place to start collecting the old, new, and funky recipes that I have.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Orange biscuit thing

Today's recipe brought to you by All Things Delicious.
I thought this was a great idea... plus I also had an orange that i needed to use and several of the Pillsbury Grands that Jeff bought a week or so ago. This is ridiculously easy, and awesomely good right out of the oven.

Here's the recipe

2 tubes refrigerated biscuits (the smaller biscuits or the Grands biscuits)
1 cube (1/2 C.) butter or margarine
1 C. sugar
Zest and juice of 1 orange
Combine the butter or margarine, sugar, zest, and orange juice in a small saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted, stirring frequently.
Using a fork or tongs, dip each biscuit into the glaze, scooping some of the zest onto the biscuit.  Place into a well-greased bundt pan.


 Pour remaining glze over the biscuits. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes. When done, immediately turn onto a platter and serve.  I place the platter on top of the rolls, then flip the whole thing over.


Finished product, isn't it pretty?

My notes:
The flipping didn't go well for me, but honestly that really isn't a big surprise. I didn't change a thing in this recipe. I will say that it's probably best if you eat this right away as it really isn't as good after a day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment