Why another cooking blog?

I decided to create this blog as a way for family and friends to see what I'm cooking and to share interesting food related tidbits I come across.
I'm frequently asked for recipes so I thought this would be a good place to start collecting the old, new, and funky recipes that I have.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Garlic Asparagus and Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce


This is one of my favorite recipes of all time. It's easy to make and so tasty!

Garlic Asparagus and Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce
4 Servings
From: BH&G

8 ounces dried mafalda or rotini
1 tablespoon margarine or butter
2 cups fresh asparagus cut into 2-inch pieces
8 baby sunburst squash and/or pattypan squash, halved (4 ounces)*
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel

1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, melt margarine in a large skillet; add asparagus, squash, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to pasta.
3. Combine whipping cream and lemon peel in skillet; bring to boiling. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. To serve, pour cream mixture over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat. Makes 4 servings.
*Note: One medium zucchini or yellow summer squash cut into 8 pieces may be substituted for the baby sunburst squash and/or pattypan squash.


My notes
Use whatever pasta you have on hand, I'm a fan of bowtie (farfalle). For the people in my family that think unless there is meat involved it does not count as a meal I add ½ a lb of Italian sausage to the mix occasionally. I've also taken to adding mushrooms, zucchini, and some red onion for a little more color and flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment