Why another cooking blog?

I decided to create this blog as a way for family and friends to see what I'm cooking and to share interesting food related tidbits I come across.
I'm frequently asked for recipes so I thought this would be a good place to start collecting the old, new, and funky recipes that I have.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Stuffed Pork Chops

Occasionally my grocery store puts center cut pork loins on sale for 1/2 off. Recently they had such a sale so we loaded up on the pork loins. I like those because you can cut your own pork chops and you get a small roast to boot. I took one of the pork loins and decided to do some really thick cut (about 1 1/2in thick maybe even 2in) chops for stuffing. Having never done that before I took to the internet for research. This was the end result:

Aren't the grill marks pretty?

I basically did an amalgamation of recipes (mostly from Food Network). I knew what I wanted for the stuffing I just needed the technique. I stuffed these bad boys with fresh grated gouda, spinach, onions, and bacon.

I sauteed the bacon and onions until the onions were nice and tender. Then I threw in the spinach to let it wilt and then let the mixture cool. I took a sharp paring knife, inserted it into the chop and then swept it about 2/3 of the way down the chop then to the side (this is hard to describe) then I did the other side basically making a nice pocket with about an inch slit for the opening. Then I stuffed until the chop was full but not overflowing. Jeff grilled them while I made a cheesy risotto.

Holy frijoles these pork chops were good. Everyone raved about them even the kid. This is a definite winner. Try it.... you won't have any leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment