Why another cooking blog?

I decided to create this blog as a way for family and friends to see what I'm cooking and to share interesting food related tidbits I come across.
I'm frequently asked for recipes so I thought this would be a good place to start collecting the old, new, and funky recipes that I have.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Stewed Chicken Taco Meat

I love the chicken breasts from Costco, they come two to a sealed package and you can just tear away how ever many packages you need. I had a huge craving for soft chicken tacos from Taco Cabana. Don't judge me, I know I'm eating healthier and trying to get in better shape but sometimes bad (but oh so good) fast food calls to me. At least I resisted the siren's call and made my own....

Stewed Chicken Taco Meat
From Food.Com


Ingredients
2 tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning
1 garlic clove, passed through a press
1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup stock

Directions:
Put all ingredients except cheese in crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours. Use two forks to shred the chicken into chunks. Add cheese and stir. Serve immediately in tacos or use as a filling for enchiladas. You can also use chicken breasts, but it turns out drier and not as tasty.

My Notes:
If I'm not mistaken I believe I added some onion to this as well. I feel like this was awfully liquidy. It could benefit from some cornstarch mixed w/water.  This gave us plenty of left overs, I'm going to see how well it freezes.

No comments:

Post a Comment