Why another cooking blog?

I decided to create this blog as a way for family and friends to see what I'm cooking and to share interesting food related tidbits I come across.
I'm frequently asked for recipes so I thought this would be a good place to start collecting the old, new, and funky recipes that I have.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Friday Casserole

My cousin Lianna loves sriracha sauce as much as I do so I thought I would post this recipe. It's a recipe that my Mom gave me which she got from my great-grandmother.  No clue where Mama got it. This is one of my favorite things to eat when I want easy comfort food and sriracha makes it just that much better.

Friday Casserole

1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion
1 pkg frozen mixed vegetables (the small one)
box of mac n cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup (COM)
S&P to taste

Saute hamburger and onion. In a large pot prepare the mac 'n cheese according to the directions, add sauted beef and onions, COM, and mixed veggies. Cook, stirring occasionally until veggies are cooked through.

My notes:
I use kraft, use what you like. You can't mess this up. I keep the bottle of sriracha handy and add to my little hearts content.

No comments:

Post a Comment