Why another cooking blog?

I decided to create this blog as a way for family and friends to see what I'm cooking and to share interesting food related tidbits I come across.
I'm frequently asked for recipes so I thought this would be a good place to start collecting the old, new, and funky recipes that I have.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Culinary Failures

I think it's important to write about failures just as much as successes in the kitchen or anywhere else for that matter.
Last night I attemped to make an alfredo sauce. I grilled two chicken breasts and some mushrooms, cooked my noodles and destroyed the sauce. I have learned an important lesson, sometimes there is such thing as too much cheese.....

I didn't measure my cheese, just threw it in there. Aaaand the sauce broke. Twice. Yes. I made two batches and broke the sauce twice. Oops. I made the error of thinking if a little cheese is good, a lot of cheese is better!

The chicken however was pretty darn tasty. I marinated it for about an hour in salt, pepper, fresh minced garlic, vegetable oil and oregano. I grilled it on my stove top griddle. Once the chicken was done I threw about 8oz of mushrooms on the griddle and cooked those.

No comments:

Post a Comment