Why another cooking blog?

I decided to create this blog as a way for family and friends to see what I'm cooking and to share interesting food related tidbits I come across.
I'm frequently asked for recipes so I thought this would be a good place to start collecting the old, new, and funky recipes that I have.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Roasted Green Beans

One of my new favorite, practical blogs is One Hundred Dollars a Month. Mavis is entertaining and she does things I wish I had the time/space to do! I heartily recommend checking out her site! I've gotten a number of free e-books from her as well!
I saw this recipe on her site and decided that I HAVE to try it as I absolutely love green beans.

Roasted Green Beans
From: One Hundred Dollars a Month



Ingredients
Olive Oil
Italian Seasoning
Garlic Salt

Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Coat a pan with olive oil.  This is not the time to be stingy with the oil, you want a good 2-3 tbsp.  Toss frozen green beans on the pan, sprinkle with garlic salt and Italian seasoning.   I like to take the more is more approach with the seasoning amounts, but let’s just call it a season to taste approach.  Use a spatula to turn the green beans on the pan.  This will coat them with olive oil and mix in the seasonings.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, to desired level of crispiness.  Turn once while baking.

My notes:
I haven't made this, however I have fresh green beans in my fridge as we speak so they are imminent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment