Why another cooking blog?

I decided to create this blog as a way for family and friends to see what I'm cooking and to share interesting food related tidbits I come across.
I'm frequently asked for recipes so I thought this would be a good place to start collecting the old, new, and funky recipes that I have.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Roasted Pepper- Corn Pasta Salad

I had to bring a pasta salad to a dinner we were having with Jeff's family a few weeks ago so I hopped on pinterest and looked through my Food! board. Found this recipe and decided to give it a try. My Uncle was commenting the other day about how he likes to test a recipe before he takes it somewhere or serves it at a gathering. I found myself nodding in agreement but then I stopped and thought about it. I must have brass cooking balls.... forgive the vulgarities. Lately everything I have taken to a gathering has NOT been tested including this recipe. I guess it just never occurred to me that things could go wrong.... which knowing myself is a bad assumption. But my luck held out and this turned out to be a hit!

Roasted Pepper - Corn Pasta Salad
From Womenshealthmag.com


Directions
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain.
2.Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the corn and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the onion begins to brown. Add the roasted pepper and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl.
3.Add the pasta, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and black pepper to the bowl and toss gently but thoroughly.
Description: Click here to find out more! 
My notes
I didn't change a thing, I think (I may have added cumin and chili pepper). I did roast the pepper myself instead of buying a jar. I think next time I will roast my corn and maybe roast a jalapeno to add to the mix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment