Why another cooking blog?

I decided to create this blog as a way for family and friends to see what I'm cooking and to share interesting food related tidbits I come across.
I'm frequently asked for recipes so I thought this would be a good place to start collecting the old, new, and funky recipes that I have.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

National Tequila Day!

Hey y'all,
I haven't had much to post lately because well.... I haven't been cooking. The kid has been off with her grandparents an will be gone until early Aug. so I've kind of taken a hiatus from cooking. Not to mention my awesome digital camera had to go in the shop for a repair so even if I had anything to post I wouldn't be able to photograph it. Bummer. However! I have two bits of news. Yesterday was National Hot Dog Day (and it also coincided with my friend Brian's cake day as well as Daniel Radcliffe) and today is National Tequila Day (as well as Cousin's day and Amelia Earhart day). This works out well because I've always been interested in Amelia Earhart and I have a cousin (more than one actually) who likes tequila. What luck!

I inadvertently celebrated National Hot Dog Day yesterday when I put two hot dogs in my stove top mac and cheese. This was purely on accident. But hey I'll take it.
Today, I'm not sure what I'm going to do as I'm pretty sure the only liquor we have in the house is whiskey and rum. Maybe I'll just post some awesome pictures I found on the internet that have tequila in them!

Tequila Soaked Watermelon from Two Tarts

Tequila Lime Bars from The Novice Chef

Tequila Sunrise from The Slow Roasted Italian

I think I'll also tell you my favorite tequila is - Patron and my favorite place to drink it is at Cantina Laredo.
Patron XO Cafe is great for dessert drinks!
 
Cantina Laredo does some pretty awesome tequila tastings and if you haven't had the change swing on by the Royal Lane location and say 'hi' to Thomas, he's the general manager. He's pretty cool ask him about the tastings. I found out about the XO Cafe from a tasting, it goes great with chocolate. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment