Why another cooking blog?

I decided to create this blog as a way for family and friends to see what I'm cooking and to share interesting food related tidbits I come across.
I'm frequently asked for recipes so I thought this would be a good place to start collecting the old, new, and funky recipes that I have.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

(Not My) Mom's Green Chile Chicken Breasts

This is part of my cooking for a month series...
This recipe is from the Make Ahead Meals Made Healthy cookbook; it did not come from my Mom. To my knowledge my Mom has never made Green Chile Chicken Breasts... Just to clear things up.

This is the first recipe I made for my month of meals (I know, I've posted them all out of order). It smelled pretty good coming out of the oven, it's still in the freezer waiting to be eaten*.


Mom's Green Chile Chicken Breasts
Serves 8

8 same size boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
8 slickes monterey jack cheese
8 whole green chiles from 2 cans
2t hot and healthy spice blend or salt, black pepper, and paprika to taste

Preheat oven to 350.
Slice a pocket lengthwise in each chicken breast and stuff with a slice of cheese and a chile.  Season the outside of the chicken breasts with the hot and healthy spice blend (or salt, pepper, and paprika).

Place chicken breasts in a large baking dish and bake for 35 minutes or until just cooked through.

To Freeze
Set breasts on a baking sheet, freeze until solid and then transfer to a large freezer bag.

To Reheat
Let chicken thaw in the refrigerator overnight.  Preheat oven to 375. Place breasts in a baking dish, cover, and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.

My notes
*Ok. First things first.... these things are ugly as sin and I don't/didn't want to eat them. I blame my assembly but honestly it's not terribly easy to stuff a whole green chile inside of a chicken breast. Things happened and a mess ensued. Jeff said they were good (he snuck one while I wasn't looking).
I made the hot and healthy spice blend that was listed in this cookbook but looking back it was a waste of time and $. If you really want the recipe comment and I'll post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment