Why another cooking blog?

I decided to create this blog as a way for family and friends to see what I'm cooking and to share interesting food related tidbits I come across.
I'm frequently asked for recipes so I thought this would be a good place to start collecting the old, new, and funky recipes that I have.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Grilled Ginger Sesame Chicken Breasts

This is part of my cooking for a month series....
My family grills a lot. Like just about every weekend so we have a lot of recipes but oooh boy this recipe was good! It's definitely a keeper.  We had it for a Sunday night dinner and everyone enjoyed it.  I assembled on a Wednesday, froze it and then thawed and served the following Sunday.  The cook book says to serve with soba noodles tossed in peanut sauce or Ginger and Veggie fried rice. I served with pasta salad.

Grilled Ginger Sesame Chicken Breasts
Serves 8

1/4C olive oil
1/4C tamari
3T sesame oil
3T minced fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
juice and zest of 2 limes
3 scallions, chopped
pepper
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

In a large plastic bag or container, whisk together oil, tamari, sesame oil, giner, garlic, lime juice and zest, scallions, and pepper. Place chicken in marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Pour marinade into a saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Preheat grill to medium-high and oil the grate.
Gill chicken breasts for 5 minutes and flip. Baste the cooked side with reserved marinade.  Grill for 5 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Baste with marinade. Remove from heat.


My notes
The cookbook says that tamari is a wheat free salty condiment that is richer and more complex in flavor than soy sauce..... I didn't have tamari, neither did my store so I used soy sauce. It still tasted great. I also forgot to baste with the marinade, but in my defense I wasn't the person doing the grilling.....
I did not grill this before freezing, I threw the chicken in the marinade in the freezer... it worked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment